Your donation keeps us inspired!
You can help children and families discover the joy of learning, play and community through extraordinary experiences across the arts, sciences and humanities!
Our Museum was founded 37 years ago by four women who shared a common bond – education. With their help, we opened our doors in 1989, as a vibrant new center for learning and discovery. Since that time you have helped to enrich the lives of countless children and families with highly interactive programs and exhibits focused on the arts, science, and humanities.
In August, we re-opened our facility after almost a year and a half of being temporarily closed from the pandemic. Our time of closure wasn’t easy, but our board and staff came together, and with your support, served 40,000 children and families across the State. This commitment far extended beyond the Museum walls. We served kids who do not have internet or transportation; families without food; school teachers without educational resources; and families who might not have a backyard to play in and learn from.
By donating to the Children’s Museum, you will support our impactful programs, and ensure that children and families in our community continue to receive these services:
• Did you know that the average child spends as few as 30 minutes in outdoor play and more than 7 hours each day in front of a screen? Our acre plus outdoor space, The Backyard, encourages families to get outside and play in nature. Thanks to the generosity of many, we will launch Phase 1 of the outdoor redesign, in partnership with the National Wildlife Federation.
• Virtual Field Trips have provided interactive, bilingual science programs for 10,568 school children at 572 schools since March 2020. In 2022, with your support, we will launch a COVID- safe planetarium to serve more schoolchildren, and our community.
• Bilingual Grab-and-Go Kits are hands-on educational learning materials that have been distributed to 12,000 families across the State of NM and beyond with a focus on rural and tribal communities.
• Explorer Camps combine art, science, and community while providing social and emotional support for kids 3-8. Many of our campers attend on scholarship and have given us a thumbs-up.
• Our Community Garden provides 1,000 pounds of organic produce to local families and homeless shelters each year. Our Children’s Museum is a treasure that we hold and protect for future generations. With your donation, you will be joining others who care about community, education, and our children and families.
Checks may be made payable & mailed to:
Santa Fe Children's Museum
1050 Old Pecos Trail
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Memo: General Donation